I haven't always had the best nails, but now that I have decent ones I'm starting to get into buying nail polishes. I use to bite my nails when I was younger, but I broke that habit (thank god!). What helped me was putting black nail polish on my nails so that if I was tempted to bite them then the black nail polish would go on my teeth! YUCK! When I was first starting out, my friends would laugh at me and say I have "black all over my teeth" and this broke the habit REALLY fast! Who wants to smile with nasty black stuff everywhere? After I finally grew my nails out, they were very brittle. I found that the best nail polish to use to combat this was Sally Hansen's Hard as Nails. This nail polish became my number one "go-to" for keeping my nails strong. I find when I repaint my nails too much they start to chip and flake so I always go back to Hard as Nails until my nails are back to normal.
Anyways, here is my top 5 favourite nail polishes!
From Left to Right: Sally Hansen Hard As Nails, Red Earth PK146, MAC Vestral White LE, MAC On the Prowl LE, MAC Love and Friendship LE
1. Sally Hansen Hard as Nails - I've already talked about this one above, but its great if you are wanting to grow out your nails or if you find that they are brittle. I like the one in clear, but you can find ones that are tinted in pink...etc.
2. Red Earth in shade PK146 - Is such a nice HOT pink! You only need one swipe of this on your nail and it is so vibrant, and opaque. It's amazing. I haven't found a pink that I like more than this one. And it looks amazing against any skin tone.
3. MAC "Vestral White" LE - I'm just in love with white nails. It reminds me of the summer and that's how I've been wearing my nails a lot lately. Sometimes when you buy a white nail polish it looks like you just painted your nails with white-out, but this polish doesn't have that effect. Its a creme and goes on very nicely. However, you need two coats so your nail doesn't show through in spots.
4. MAC "On the Prowl" LE - This is probably my favourite nail polish EVER. So maybe Grey nails were "last season" or whatever...I don't care. I'm in LOVE with grey nail polish, especially this grey. Its a true grey, meaning that its not too cool, too warm and it doesn't have a tint of blue or brown in it at all. I haven't been wearing this colour much this summer, but I'll definitely be bringing it back come Fall.
5. MAC "Love and Friendship" LE - This came in the Rose Romance collection. Its a very pretty lavender purple. It looks really good against my skin tone and I've been wearing this a lot. I'm just really into the purples lately. My violet pigment, Snob lipstick...etc.
What are your favourite nail polishes of all time or of this moment?