Unrelated to this post, I just got my Poison Ivy halloween costume in the mail and they sent me the wrong one (on ebay). Ugg. It looks nothing like the one they pictured (its an ugly one I saw online for sale that I would NEVER wear). Its so unflattering and cheap. This is why I hate ordering things online. I get upset over stupid things like this. Does anyone else? Like this freaking bothers me to no end! Anyways, I had to rage about it so hopefully it gets sorted out soon because I've been waiting for it for a while so I could start doing alterations and adding more ivy! Now its going to be cutting it close to Halloween and I'm not going to have as much time to work on it. Grrr.
Here is my actually post :) I realized that I never really did an introduction or a "get to know me" type of post when I first started so I thought it would be fun to do this tag. Hope you find it interesting.
1. I'm colour blind: Or "colour deficient" as I like to call it. lol It sounds a lot worse than it is if you don't know much about it. I am what they call "red-green" colour blind, but I only have troubles differentiating between blues and purples (mostly dark blues and purples). So say I see a pretty purple eyeshadow I like at sephora, my friends will tell me its blue and then I won't want it. haha. Only 0.4% of females in the population have it. It's more prevalent in males (8% of the population). I've never met another colour blind FEMALE until last night, surprisingly! She was one of my best friends, friends.
2. I've been wearing glasses since I was in grade 4: My first pair I had really "cool" rainbow coloured, big circled glasses. What was I thinking! LOL I blame it on my youth. The first thing I noticed when I wore my glasses for the first time was that I could see all the leaves on the trees! I really wanna get LASEK eye surgery soon. Probably withing the next couple years I will be getting it.
3. I have a bad case of road rage: Don't drive 60km in an 80km zone. Don't tail gate me. Don't honk your horn for no reason. Don't cut me off! haha Seriously. I start raging in the car. It's not as bad as some people I know, but I do curse a lot at stupid drivers and give them dirty looks. haha
4. Small family: I come from a small family but we are SUPER close. I have 2 older brothers and 2 male cousins so I grew up a tom boy, but now love my makeup and clothes :). There's a home video of me making the boys cry by beating on them LOL so I've always been able to hold my own. I used to hate being the only girl, but it doesn't bother me anymore because we are all grown up now.
5. Addictive Personality: By this I mean I get easily addicted to things (not in a drug addict way LOL). Like right now I'm addicted to makeup. I've been purchasing sooo much for the past year. I also get small addictions like if I have a craving for a peanut butter and jelly sandwich, I'll have one and then want one for lunch for the next 3 days straight. It's a bit weird I know. lol
6. Slow to warm up: I'm really shy and quiet at first when I meet people or when I work in a new place. It always takes someone else to approach me and start a conversation, but as soon as the ice is broken I'm VERY talkative and let my personality out.
7. I lived in the same house and same city for 22 years of my life and then only moved out a year ago into my own place! I love the independence and that's why I now have my very own puppy! I can do what I want, when I want. It's hard getting use to not being pampered. My mom spoiled me by never making me clean or do my laundry. I've definitely learned a lot about myself in this past year.
Now I tag whoever wants to do this! It's really fun trying to think up random facts about yourself. Have a good weekend! I am celebrating Thanksgiving a week early with my family tomorrow and I'm going to eat myself into a turkey-coma. Num num num