Misikko kindly sent me the 1.5" Hana Professional Flat Iron to review. Currently, I've been using the 1" pink version they sent me a while back. You can see my review on by clicking here.
"Dedicated to high ceramic content and top of the line components, Hana's pursuit of high tech styling without hype led to the Hana Professional Flat Iron - Advanced Fusion Molding delivers glass-smooth ceramic-tourmaline plates while acccelerated negative ion output repairs hair follicles, sealing in natural oils for a conditioned, sleek, salon shine that lasts all day.
With professional features like damp-to-dry styling, floating plates that self adjust to different textures and adjustable temperature, the Hana Professional hair straightener is engineered to deliver luxury at a down to earth price."
Hana Professional Features:
The first time I used this to straighten my hair it took me far too long, and my hair is REALLY easy to flat iron, typically only 5 minutes tops. I've been using the flat iron every day for the past week to two weeks and can say this situation was just a one time occurrence. I did wait long enough for the flat iron to heat up, so I'm unsure as to why I had that issue in the first place. With further use, I found the iron itself does a decent job at straightening my hair and gets the job down within my usual 5 minutes. Also, I have been using this on my new clip-in extensions and it does a good job at straightening those as well.
- Advanced Tourmaline Ceramic Plates for Accelerated Ion Generation and Maximum Frizz-Free, Conditioning Shine
- Ceramic is naturally hygienic, protects color & retards fading
- Floating 1.5” Plates Auto-Adjust To Glide Over Any Hair Texture
- Wider plates are perfect for longer, thicker or hard to style hair types
- Curved Plate Edges For Versatile Styling - Curl, Flip or Straighten!
- Adjustable Temperature Dial - 5 Settings from 140-450° F for All Hair Types
- Flash Heats in Seconds with Instant Compensation for Heat Loss
- Ergonomic Handle Design with No-Slip Grip
- Smooth Grooves Keep Hair Strands Separate and Snag-Free
- Tangle-Free Salon Quality Cord Swivels 360°; Convenient Hanging Loop
- Energy Efficient at 38 Watts
- Independent On/Off Switch
- Includes Luxe Heat Proof Storage Pouch, Heat Proof Silicone Mat, & Special Edition Tin Case
- Two Year Warranty
Hair straightened using the 1.5" Hanna Professional Flat Iron
The iron heats up to 450 degrees which is more than hot enough to straighten my hair. If I were to put the iron to the max it would end up adding those ceramic plate "kinks" to my hair which I hate. Along with the controllable temperature gauge is a red LED light which flashes when the flat iron reaches the given heat setting. Another plus is the swivel cord so that you have more control over the motion in which you straighten without worrying about the cord position. This is one option that is a MUST on all my hot tools.
One thing I really love about Misikko is their costumer service. The package was delivered in a timely manner and came well packaged as to avoid any potential damage during shippment. Misikko also likes to send a ton of extras along with their flat irons as well. The iron came packaged in a travel case stored inside a tin, along with a velvet draw string bag, velcro bag, and mat to set your hot tool down when turned on and not in use! In addition to numerous cases and travel bags that the 1.5" Hana Professional comes with, there was also shine serum, a sleep eye mask, nail files, hand sanitizer, and a bunch of random ELF cosmetics! I was quite impressed.
With all that said, I personally prefer the pink, 1" version despite the 1.5" being a best seller, only because it is smaller and can get and the roots of my hair which tend to wave at the front. Also, once I curl my hair using the straightener I will update this post and let you know how well it works for curls.
Retail Value: $214.99 or sale for $129.99
To learn more about Misikko and the various hot tools they sell, please check out their website by clicking here!
Disclaimer: This product was sent to me for consideration to review. As always, these are my honest opinions.