I am so excited to share with you the first Canadian-made BB cream by Marcelle. Marcelle BB Cream will be in pharmacies as well as mass retail stores on February 6th, but I was fortunate enough to be sent a full-size product ahead of time for review.
About The Product
"Inspired by a trend that perfected skin and enhanced complexions all over Asia, Marcelle formulated its own BB Cream to cater the needs of Canadian consumers. This multi-purpose skin care cream is more than a tinted moisturizer or simple make-up base. It perfects the skin to reveal a more even epidermis and well-hydrated, flawless complexion, all in one. Ideal for any age and any skin type, the Marcelle BB Cream comes in two shades and is suitable for a wide variety of carnations thanks to its self-adjusting pigments that transform and adapt to skin tone."
What's a BB?
"Moisturizing skin care, tinted corrector and make-up base all in one, Marcelle "BB" stands for Beauty Balm, as it truly enhances your natural beauty."
3 Different Uses
1) Day Cream - should be applied after the skin has been properly cleansed as a corrective tinted moisturizer. For a more intense moisture surge, the Bb cream may be applied on previously moisturized skin.
2) Tinted Corrector - Use it alone or over your moisturizer to unify your complexion.
3) Make-up Base - Use under foundation for total coverage and improved stay-on power.KEEP READING FOR BEFORE AND AFTER PHOTOS!
Before and After Photos
I decided to include some before and after pictures. All I have on is eyeshadow and I filled in my brows. I do not have any foundation, concealer, corrector...etc. Right now I'm having hormonal acne so my skin is not in the best shape, but I thought it would be more beneficial to see how imperfections look after using a BB cream. My nose is slightly darker than other areas, as is my chin. I have lots of freckles which contributes to the varying tones on my skin.
|AFTER - More even complexion, extremely natural looking, more beautiful skin!|
- Minimizes the appearance of imperfections and pores
- Evens out skin tone
- Provides an excellent make-up base and replaces primers
- Matifies skin and controls shine
- Offers immediate and long-term hydrating benefits
- Soothes and calms skins
- Protects from premature aging and environmental stresses
- Promotes skin regeneration
- Ultra-lightweight formula leaves skin with "nothing on" feel
- Oil free
- Paraben free
- Ultra-hygienic airless tube-pump
- Non comedogenic
- Dermatologist tested
- Perfume free
- Hyaluronic Acid (Improves skin elasticity, helps minimize wrinkles, hydrates)
- Aquaxyl (Moisturizes and helps correct imperfections)
- Glycerine (Hydrates)
- Vitamin E (Antioxidant to protect skin)
- Aloe Vera (Soothes & Hydrates)
- Green Tea & Camomile (Stimulates, reinvigorates & soothes)
- Soft Focus Powders (Light-reflecting, enhance complexion)
I've heard about Beauty Balms being popular in Asia before, and I was always interested in trying one, but never got around to it. As you know, I am a big fan of Origins VitaZing Moisturizer and Make Up For Ever HD Primer. This product takes the place of both these products, saves me a step in my skincare/foundation routine AND saves me money! A 45ml tube costs $22.95, whereas Origins is $35 US for 50 ml and MUFE HD Primer is $32 for 1 oz. Also, I find I have to use less foundation and concealer. One of the best things about this, besides its multifunctional uses, is that it is perfect for any age and suitable for all skin types! It comes it two shades, light to medium and medium to dark.
If you don't want to wait for it to hit store February 6th, you can order it online TODAY at www.marcelle.com. There is limited quantities and FREE SHIPPING for orders over $25 CAD.